I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that I’m not the only woman on the planet who sometimes has a hard time getting in the mood for some “personal time” with my husband. Let’s face it, ladies…sometimes life intrudes and takes more of our focus and attention than it should. Right?
It’s important to put our relationship first though, even when it’s been a long day and we’re tired, or when we’ve got so much to do that it seems frivolous to even think about sex (you knew that’s what we were talking about, right? No? Surprise!). Sex is important in a healthy relationship, and no one should be ashamed if they need to put a little work into it now and then. It’s easy to get complacent. Don’t fall into that trap.
So what can we do when we need to switch gears from super-woman to sex goddess (oh stop laughing…it’s a mental state)? Here’s what works for me:
– Romance novels (of course). The hotter the better…and erotica is the ultimate.
– New toys (yes, *those* kind of toys. We’re not talking My Little Ponies…unless that’s what really turns you on.
– New underwear (matching sets, anyone?)
– The promise of a massage – feet or back (let your hubby in on this, and I guarantee you’ll get more of ’em)
– Teasing/flirting with the husband (we’ll talk about that next week)
Your turn – what’s one thing that turns you on when you feel more like a medieval peasant than the Queen of the castle? And as a bonus, does your husband know? Why or why not?