The Writing Notes post for this week will be deferred to next week due to a day of unfortunate events. Lemony Snicket would be proud (if you don’t know who that is…you need to go look it up. Seriously – good stuff, people).
– I forgot my tea this morning when I left for work. (We’ll just call this the initial omen.)
– When I realized I forgot my tea, I grabbed .50 out of the car and decided to buy a Coke for caffeine. I’m a Coca-cola fan, always have been. When I got to the pop machines, the coke machine was broken. Had to drink Pepsi.
– At work, I tried incredibly hard to solve a problem for someone by the time I had to leave at noon, and couldn’t solve it (most frustrating).
– 2pm – 4pm I was at the dentist for a root canal. About half-way in, a file that should “never break” broke while the dentist was filing out one of the canals. Which means he had to do the rest of the filing inside the canal by hand rather than with his power tools…which took forever, and gave him one heck of a hand cramp. He was able to finish the root canal, but had to stop there since there was still a couple hours left of filling/misc. work left to do and his hand was shot. So I have to go back next Tues. to get it finished.
– Went to pick up hubby from work (we share a car), was following the law by *waiting* for a person to make a left turn and almost had a collision with the impatient idiot who was on the shoulder trying to zip around those of us waiting when the first person finally turned.
– Went to dinner starving, but had to stick with easy-to-eat blintzes (which is only unfortunate because my jaw is sore, so it was hard to take bites.
Now my ibuprofen is finally working, I’m at home on my comfy couch, eating cheesecake and trying to decide whether to do something productive, or read a book.
Actually though, none of that is why you didn’t get a Writing Notes post today. The reason for that is because Monday night I stayed up until 4am reading a book, and got about 2 hours worth of sleep, so I went to bed early last night, and got 6 hours of sleep. Which is apparently too much, given today’s events. 4-5 is about perfect, and that’s what I’m aiming for tonight.
So, honey’s…how was your day?