It’s Cyber Monday – is everyone finding great deals online? Payday is tomorrow for me, so I’ll conveniently miss the best sales, but that’s how it goes sometimes. I’ll see if there are any left tomorrow night after work.
Tempest was supposed to be $.99 through today, but apparently Amazon and Barnes & Noble are far quicker to raise prices than to lower, and they’ve already changed my prices back to $1.99. If you were hoping to get half off, you can either sign up for my newsletter (newsletter subscribers get a special half-off code for the rest of the month at Smashwords), or you can buy the .pdf version at Brazen Snake Books . That will go back up to $1.99 later tonight.
Thank you to all who have bought a copy – sales are good this month, which is very motivating in terms of getting more books out there.
I shoveled two feet of snow off the driveway this morning – yikes! I’m afraid we’re spoiled – haven’t had a “real” Montana winter here since I was a kid. It’s not cold though, which is nice…I can deal with the snow (like it, even), but I’m not all that fond of temps below about 20 degrees.
Author Karen Fenech is joining us this Thursday for an interview, and she’s also giving away a book from her backlist to *three* lucky commenters! You won’t want to miss it…
This Week on The Variety Pages
Tuesday: Ch. 25 of The Biker’s Wench
Wednesday: Everyday Romance – Misunderstandings
Thursday: Author Interview & giveaway with romantic suspense author Karen Fenech
Friday: Ch. 26 of The Biker’s Wench
I got a lot done last week, though not nearly as much as I’d planned. I consider it a victory that I more or less kept up with the serials, got more words done on The Minister’s Maid, and lived through two turkey dinners (though I have to admit, I’m tossing the leftovers tonight). Unfortunately I didn’t get my edits started as planned, but will do that this week. I need to get cracking on my promo shop as well if I’m going to pull the big giveaway I have planned together. All in all though, progress was made, so I’m happy with that.
Now that NaNo is over and I’ve officially not won, The Minister’s Maid will scale back to 1k words or so per week, until The Biker’s Wench draft is complete. No need to rush the second book when the first one’s not done.
Goals for the Week
– Stay *ahead* of my serial novels (I haz a new project schedule – yay!)
– Start the final edits for Desert Heat
– 800 – 1k words for The Minister’s Maid
– 800 – 1k words for the new January thriller serial (yes, I’m starting early – staying ahead!)
– Update writing blog with new schedule and post on working several projects at once (since people seem curious)
– Format .mobi and .epub copies of Tempest to sell direct on the Brazen Snake Books site.
– Finish up Café Press promo store and links.
– Start gathering contest prize materials.
– Catch up that dang laundry
– Stow fall décor, put up the Christmas tree
– Workout three times (I’m counting all that snow shoveling as one!)
That’s what I’m up to – what’s new in your world? Read any good books lately?