First, the important stuff – I have cover art! Check it out!
The Biker’s Wench, my new serial (and first book in the Fantasy Ranch series) is off to a good start on Scribd – you can download a copy or read it there if you’d like. I’ll eventually have a link up to it on my web site, and in the sidebar here. If you do go get the first installment, you’ll notice that 800 words looks like a lot less in document format than in blog format…positively wimpy, actually. So I’m hoping to post longer installments over there – maybe even full chapters instead of single scenes at a time. It may mean updates every couple weeks instead of every week – we’ll see how I do this week.
This week on The Variety Pages
Tuesday: Construction Zone – Pros and Cons of Writing Pets
Wednesday: Everyday Romance – What Makes a Date Romantic?
Friday: Chapter 24 of Indelibly Inked
Saturday: Notable Posts
The Variety Pages Lite
Thursday: Romance Hero Physiques
Writing: Cruisin’ right along! Tempest edits are going well, I’ve got The Biker’s Wench all plotted out and a scene outline started, Her Private Chef is growing daily, and I’m happy with how my writing style seems to be “evolving” into a more descriptive, richer prose. Last week was a good writing week overall, and I’m anxious to keep that momentum up as long as I can.
Personal: The house got cleaned last week – enough for company anyways, and it’s still fairly decent. Weeding/yardwork…what’s that? I almost managed to keep up with blog comments, though work was busy again so I fell off later in the week. Not too bad, all things considered.
Goals for the Week
– 1/2 hr per day on HPC rewrite
– 1 hr per day on Tempest Edits
– Ch. 24 of Indelibly Inked
– Finish the scene outline & send off cover art info for The Biker’s Wench
– 2-3 more scenes for TBW
– Laundry/workouts nightly. Really.
– Menu plan! This time trying just a list of 10 random meals I can choose from daily, then cross off the list.
– Update web site
– Work on cleaning the office (turning it into a “writer-friendly” space this summer)
– Update Goodreads
– Read a few stories I’ve been meaning to get around to…
That’s what I’m up to – what’s on your plate this week? Read any good books lately?